Neighborhood Housing Services of Greater Cleveland is proud to be part of the CityLIFT program in collaboration with Wells Fargo and NeighborWorks® America. Discover the possibilities of homeownership and find out if it’s right for you! A limited number of loans are available.
- Provides eligible homebuyers with $15,000 in down payment assistance on qualified properties
- Provides homebuyer education that can prepare you for finding and financing a home and for managing the financial responsibilities of homeownership
- Assistance is not limited to first-time buyers
- Annual income of all persons 18 and older living in the home must be at or below 120% of the Cleveland Area Median Income (AMI) guidelines (FHA financing, a popular option for CityLIFT financing, is limited to 115% of AMI. Other loan programs may have more restrictive income limits).
- Properties qualified for the Program must be:
- Located within the city limits of Cleveland
- The primary, owner-occupied home of the buyer(s)
- A detached home, townhouse, condominium, 1-4 unit property, or Planned Unit Development
Limited CityLIFT down payment assistance funds are available. Eligible buyers with the required documents can sign up online for first-come, first-served appointments.
If you are interested in the CityLIFT Program, take the quiz below and find out if you are immediately eligible to start the application process.
See our Frequently Asked Questions Page