Creating Homeownership—Building Communities
Neighborhood Housing Services of Greater Cleveland's mission is to provide ongoing programs and services to help residents achieve, preserve, and, sustain the American Dream of homeownership.
This mission is the foundation on which we build our many successes. We truly believe in the continued collaborations with our corporate, governmental, and non-profit partners in the areas of homeownership education and preservation. These efforts will have an increasingly positive impact the lives of the residents and the communities of our service area.
A recent study concluded the following impact on Greater Cleveland's economy from NHS of Greater Cleveland's programs and services;
- Contributing over $105 million to the Greater Cleveland economy
- Generating $14 million in tax revenues
- Sustaining 153 jobs on an annual basis
- Generating $36 million of income for Greater Cleveland labor
- Leveraging $15.40 for every dollar received
NHS of Greater Cleveland's impact in the community extends even further;
- Reaching over 1,000 families with our Homebuyer Education program, with 306 of them acheiving the dream of purchasing a home.
- Assisting 1,100 fammilies with foreclosure prevention, keeping 53% in their homes or achieving a safe solution for their family.
- Providing over $420,000 in down payment assistance loans, leveraging $4 million in housing investment
- Assisting over 1,000 clients with free tax preparation and retaining more than $1 million of refunds in the local economy
- Expanding the Land Trust portfolio to include 9 rental units and 5 additional properties to ensure affordable single family housing.
NHS of GREATER CLEVELAND'S Mission Statement
NHS of Greater Cleveland provides ongoing programs and services for achieving, preserving, and sustaining the American dream of home ownership.
NHS of GREATER CLEVELAND's Vision Statement
NHS of Greater Cleveland strengthens neighborhoods and communities in Northeast Ohio through high quality programs and collaborations in support of homeownership that is affordable. Trusted by stakeholders and as a premier NeighborWorks® organization, NHS of Greater Cleveland assists and educates clients along the continuum of home ownership.
NHS of GREATER CLEVELAND's Core Values
Our core values guide our operations, leadership and decisions.
- Excellence – working with a commitment to quality, best practices, and being outcomes-based and customer service focused
- Education – devoting resources, time and energy to empower clients to become financially stable, sound decision-makers, and aware of how to build wealth and independence
- Community – developing caring relationships with individuals and organizations to enable the development of communities and the region
- Equity – offering equal opportunity and access to programs and services Integrity – being responsible, accountable, reliable, and transparent
- Collaboration – developing effective partnerships to further the mission of the organization.
Decades of Excellence
NHS of Greater Cleveland has met with President Barack Obama and been recognized by Vice President Joseph Biden in Washington, D.C. NHS of Greater Cleveland has been highlighted in The Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Crain’s Cleveland Business, and The Plain Dealer among other publications. NHS of Greater Cleveland has been delivering exemplary programs and services to the residents of the northeast Ohio for more than 40 years.
NHS of Greater Cleveland is one of the first chartered NeighborWorks® organizations, a network of more than 240 organizations working in nearly 4,400 urban, suburban, and rural communities nationwide. NeighborWorks® America is the country’s preeminent leader in affordable housing and community development. We work to create opportunities for lower-income people to live in affordable homes in safe, sustainable neighborhoods that are healthy places for families to grow. For more information, please visit nw.org.