Unfortunately, more than half of homeowners facing foreclosure do not call for help when they begin to fall behind in their payments.
However, the early stages of delinquency are the most crucial—homeowners who are one or two payments behind are more likely to keep their homes than those who have fallen further behind on their payment schedule.
Advice for Avoiding Foreclosure
NHSGC is involved in numerous programs and offers many services to preserve the American dream of homeownership. To be effective and successful, the homeowner needs to do two things:
- Know whether or not they want to keep their home.
- Pick up the phone and make the call to:
- 2-1-1 in Cuyahoga County – United Way’s First Call for Help
- NHSGC offices at 216.458.HOME (4663) in Cuyahoga, Lorain, Erie, and Huron Counties
- In Medina County call toll-free at 844.458.HOME (4663)
No one should ever pay a third party to intervene on their behalf to prevent foreclosure. NHSGC, as well as a host of other agencies across the county and state, provides free, unbiased, and accessible programs and services to prevent foreclosure.
Contact us to learn how we can help you keep your home.